Would you like to be CBI officer? If so, this article is going to help you. You’re going to read about the subject here – how to become CBI Officer?
How To Become CBI Officer
How to become a CBI officer in today’s youth of our nation is the most common question. Many Indian youth are attracted to CBI’s JOB and fascinated. Many people are searching everywhere and have not received the response to the most popular issue How to become a CBI officer? The Central Investigation Bureau is the country’s leading investigative agency that enjoys the confidence of the individuals, the parliament, the judiciary and the government.
In order to become a CBI agent, you must appear in UPSC examinations. This is called the combined examination of the graduates. This exam is performed once a year at the Central Investigation Bureau for the post of police sub-inspectors.
Also Read: How To Become A Bank Manager
Procedure to become a sub-inspector at CBI:
Sub-inspectors are recruited through the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) of SSC, followed by medical exams and personal interviews.
Applicants holding a graduate degree from any recognized university and age limit between 20 and 25 years of age may apply for a combined examination of the graduate level performed on two levels:
- Tier -I: Written Examination (Multiple Choice Type Objective)
Tier I will be of 2 hours duration with a total marks of 200. The paper include in this section are General Intelligence + Reasoning (50 marks); General Awareness (50marks); Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks) and English Comprehension (50 marks)
- Tier -II: Written Examination (Multiple Choice Objective Type)
Tier II carries a total of 400 marks with 2 papers, each of 2 hours duration. The first paper carrying 200 marks, contains 100 question from Quantitative Abilities and the second paper include English Language and Comprehension.
CBI officer criteria eligibility:
- In any discipline, the candidates should be graduates. The candidates should have taken the graduation from an institution that is recognized and in all respects also reputed.
- The eligibility criteria of the candidate will also differ depending on the type of posts one applies for.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 20 to 27.
- In the case of SC / ST candidates who are 5 years old there is an age relaxation and it is 3 years for OBC candidates.
Also Read: How To Become IAS Officer after 12th
In this field, following personal attributes are essential:
- Mental alertness.
- High levels of concentration.
- Keen powers of observation.
- Logical, rational and analytical thinking.
- Willingness to travel.
- Sharp, analytical mind.
- Physical fitness.
- Ability to adapt to long, erratic working hours.
- Willingness to work in remote and dangerous territories
Preliminary Exam Format:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|General intelligence and general awareness||100||100||120 mins|
|Arithmetic ability||100||100||120 mins|
Mains Exam Format:
|General studies||100||3 hours|
|English||100||2 hours 20 mins|
|Language||100||2 hours 20 mins|
|Communication skills and writing||200||2 hours 20 mins|
After clearing mains exam successfully there will be personality test.
Salary Of CBI Officer:
The CBI Sub Inspector’s salary scale is 9300 – 34800 Indian Rupees per month and the CBI Inspector lies within the 4200 Rupees Grade Pay and the total monthly hand salary is 44000 Indian Rupees.
Also Read: How To Become An Income Tax Officer